Shop Technician Supervisor
Location: Cleveland, Ohio US
Job Number: 22830
Toshiba America Business Solutions, a leader in digital technology, is seeking a Shop Technician Supervisor , to support the Cleveland, OH marketplace. Toshiba is an industry leader in equipment, digital displays, document security, and software solutions that keep businesses running brilliantly and efficiently.
Our people bring innovative, real-world solutions for our client's print management needs; we help cut costs, secure documents, and reduce the environmental footprint. We are a growing, dynamic organization that has a need for someone to contribute their professional best.
Summary: Supervise daily shop activities related to maintaining, servicing, and repairing office equipment in assigned Toshiba location. This is a working Supervisor.
Supervise daily shop activities. Supervise and responsible for the setup of all equipment requested for demo pool, sold orders, service loaners, and refurbished equipment at on-site location . Ensure showroom is in working order and all machines are maintained in a clean and proper manner. Ensure machines have proper paperwork, accessories, supplies and updates before they leave. Ensure accuracy of serial numbers and products on order staging paperwork. Advise management of problem areas as needed. This is a working supervisor.
Troubleshoot complex failures and repairs for copiers/fax/duplicators equipment. Refurbish used equipment, which includes cleaning and repairing. Ensure tools and test equipment is maintained in service-ready condition. Notify management of equipment concerns. Handle escalated problems in the Shop.
May assist with warehouse duties and serve as back up for delivery driver. Assist in loading and unloading machines from delivery trucks. Complete assignments according to priority while executing proper time management.
Supervise the accurate and legible setup of call reports. Develop and review installation schedules. Ensure all demos and sale equipment is setup to Toshiba's standards and meets installation schedules.
Complete service training as required by TBS. Complete dealer and manufacturer training on specified systems. Attend department meetings as required. Advise management regarding training needs.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivelant
- A minimum of five years of experience in technical set up, repair and service of copier/office equipment or as a Shop Technician.
- Demonstrated experience with document management, MFP and print devices. Ability to handle complex issues and provide solutions where appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and handle complex set ups with minimal to no guidance.
- Must have good communications skills (written and verbal) including tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers.
- Must be computer literate with electronics background.
Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc. offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package including the following:
- Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- Pet Insurance
- 401(k) plan (with company match)
- Company provided life insurance
- Employee discounts
- Generous paid holiday schedule, paid vacation & sick/personal business/volunteer days
Toshiba America Business Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email Accommodation Request@tabs.toshiba.com to request an accommodation.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Cleveland, Ohio US
Community / Marketing Title: Shop Technician Supervisor
Requisition Number: SHOPT02850
EEO Employer Verbiage: