Associate Software Engineer - Quality Assurance
Location: Lake Forest, California US
Job Number: 21898
Associate Software Engineer
Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc. (TABS) is looking for an Associate Software Engineer to join our QA team located in Lake Forest, CA.
The opportunity is available in the Document Solutions Engineering (DSE) division of Toshiba, headquartered in Lake Forest, CA. This development team is leading the Internet of Things (IoT) effort within Toshiba, developing enterprise level products and services in the cloud using Microsoft Azure.
We are a high energy and fast paced team using Agile/Scrum methodology. As an Associate Software Engineer, you will work together with experienced software engineers to help validate and extend our cloud applications. Within the development team, you will design, implement and execute the testing infrastructure that ensures high quality services and applications.
The ideal candidate is someone who has the ability to creatively improve the software development and QA process, possess the finely-honed ability to break software in unexpected ways, and thrive in shipping frequently. Previous work experience C#, SQL and SNMP protocol is a plus.
- Design, develop, maintain, and troubleshoot automated suites of tests to assess product quality and release readiness.
- Collaborate with other developers and quality assurance engineers to deliver high quality products.
- Work directly with the project managers/developers to derive release testing requirements throughout the development cycle to ensure proper operation of our software.
- Reproduce, debug, and isolate problems and verify fixes.
- Communicate status and identify project risks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or related fields.
- Previous experience with software development and testing in web services and applications.
- Must have SQL knowledge to write optimized SQL statements and stored procedures.
- Responsible, organized and hard working with excellent communication skills.
- Experience developing test automation solutions in an Agile environment.
- Experience with QA processes, test design strategies, writing and executing detailed test cases, test plans, and automating tests.
- Proficient in Microsoft web technologies such as ASP.net and MVC is valuable.
- Experience with C#, C++, or Java
- Experience using test automation tools like Selenium for multi-browser testing.
Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc. offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package including the following:
- Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- 401(k) plan (with company match)
- Company provided life insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee discounts
- Generous paid holiday schedule, paid vacation & sick/personal business/volunteer days
Toshiba America Business Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email Accommodation Request@tabs.toshiba.com to request an accommodation.
City: Lake Forest
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lake Forest, California US
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Software Engineer - Quality Assurance
Requisition Number: ASSOC02719
EEO Employer Verbiage: