Location: Lake Forest, California US
Job Number: 21791
Toshiba America Business Solutions, a leader in digital technology, is seeking a Solutions Architect to work at our headquarters in Lake Forest, CA.
Our people bring innovative, real-world solutions for our client's print management needs; we help cut costs, secure documents and reduce the environmental footprint. We are a growing, dynamic organization that has a need for individuals who are driven to contribute their professional best.
Lead and coordinate the development of innovative thermal print solutions across Toshiba. Define, influence, and communicate technical direction ensuring successful technology transformation. Focus on identifying, proposing, and architecting innovative technologies in software and platform integration for business problems and process improvements in different verticals including retail, hospitality, banking, logistics, aviation and more. As a technical subject matter expert in thermal print solutions, provide consultancy and design support for Toshiba’s direct and indirect sales teams. Support product strategy and portfolio team on thermal printing solution-level decisions and analysis of the impact on the overall business goals and outcomes.
- Develop technical strategies for TABS Thermal product offerings.
- Serve as a technical advisor to product marketing and Toshiba stakeholders.
- Develop cost effective thermal printing applications, adapting to changing technology environments, and delivers on time to meet customer requirements.
- Ensure the transformation of existing thermal print systems and successful delivery of new products into production.
- Create and deliver driver and firmware design specifications to support sales team and close key deals quickly and effectively.
- Identify design gaps between current and target architecture.
- Develop roadmaps for transitioning to target architecture that identifies opportunities to improve enterprise-level systems to support business processes and utilize emerging technologies.
- Analyze and estimate feasibility, costs, time, and work effort needed to design and implement moderately complex technical solutions on short and long-term planning basis.
- Promote and educate customers and stakeholders on the use and value of the enterprise architecture.
- Serves as the pre-sale technical team lead to support customer’s thermal print infrastructure by resolving printer integration issues, trouble tickets and handling sales team technical requests based upon the needs of the business.
- Communicate with software and hardware vendors, technical support, and product engineering.
- Participate and in some instances lead cross function teams.
- May provide direction or support to less senior solutions engineers or Pre-sales engineers.
- Generate related reports and advise management accordingly to mitigate areas of concern.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or equivalent.
- Minimum of 8 years increasingly responsible experience in design, development and implementation of thermal solutions.
- Understand ESC/POS printer language and be familiar with print driver and firmware integration.
- Demonstrated work experience with cloud solutions using Open Source frameworks based on APIs or Web Services preferred.
- Understand operating systems and cloud computing such as Windows, Linux, Android, iOS and prefer specific knowledge regarding Toshiba's TCxElevate, Toshiba Store Integrator and Toshiba TCxSky OS (4690 OS).
- Ability to read technical drawings/documentation with working knowledge of thermal print technology and able to perform troubleshooting.
- Customer friendly, dynamic, articulate, energetic and self-starter with demonstrated ability to help Toshiba stakeholders and portfolio team to translate industry and customer insights into executable strategic vision.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to translate technical knowledge into executive presentations.
- Must have demonstrated ability to collaborate in team environment. Exceptional people and soft skills – relationship builder and team player.
- Ability to travel (domestic & international).
Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc. offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package including the following:
- Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- Pet Insurance
- 401(k) plan (with company match)
- Company provided life insurance
- Employee discounts
- Generous paid holiday schedule, paid vacation & sick/personal business/volunteer days
Toshiba America Business Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email AccommodationRequest@tabs.toshiba.com to request an accommodation.
City: Lake Forest
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lake Forest, California US
Community / Marketing Title: Solutions Architect
Requisition Number: SOLUT02704
EEO Employer Verbiage: