Field Service Technician
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania US
Job Number: 21083
Toshiba America Business Solutions, a leader in digital technology, is seeking a Field Service Technician supporting the Pittsburgh, Pa marketplace.
Our people bring innovative, real-world solutions for our client's print management needs; we help cut costs, secure documents and reduce the environmental footprint. We are a growing, dynamic organization that has a need for individuals who are driven to contribute their professional best.
Position Summary: Provide technical service by maintaining, servicing, and repairing office equipment (B & W, color and multi-functional devices) at customer locations in assigned territories.
- Maintain, service, and repair office equipment at customer locations in assigned territories in an effective and efficient manner.
- This includes but is not limited to diagnostics, installation, modifications, upgrades, repair, removal and retrofits of office products.
- Ensure machines are maintained in a clean and proper manner.
- Complete assigned field calls according to priority while executing proper time management.
- Coordinate with dispatch and keep them informed of all re-route activity as required.
- Maintain service benchmarks set by TBS and industry standards to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Manage car inventory to ensure adequate part levels are available in order to service machines.
- Maintain tools and test equipment to ensure they are in service-ready condition.
- May rebuild components in shop to develop technical skills for field assignments.
- Practice PM procedures and repair techniques to build proficiency for field assignments.
- Complete service training as required by TBS and basic dealer and manufacturer training on specified systems.
- Attend department meetings as required and ensure service activities are accurately documented according to service practices using automated systems and/or established reports ( call, mileage and expense reports with activity.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Required: Minimum of 1 year of experience in technical repair.
- Preferred: Experience in repair and service of copier/office equipment.
- Good customer service skills are Ability to multitask, prioritize assignments and work independently.
- Excellent computer skills and good electro-mechanical experience.
- Must have good communications skills (written and verbal) including tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers.
- Valid driver's license
Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc. offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package including the following:
- Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- 401(k) plan (with company match)
- Pet Insurance
- Company provided life insurance
- Employee discounts
- Generous paid holiday schedule, paid vacation & sick/personal business/volunteer days
Toshiba America Business Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email Accommodation Request@tabs.toshiba.com to request an accommodation.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania US
Community / Marketing Title: Field Service Technician
Requisition Number: FIELD02597
EEO Employer Verbiage: