Principal Hardware Engineer
Location: Lexington, Kentucky US
Job Number: 20755
Principal Hardware Engineer
Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc. (TABS) is seeking a Principal Engineer for Hardware to join a development team working on the next generation of MFP product to work in the Lexington, KY office.
Summary: As a Principal Hardware Engineer, you will be instrumental in designing the new hardware for the next generation of MFP devices. Design for cost effectiveness and manufacturing while maintaining a challenging schedule. The ideal candidate is someone who has in depth understanding of hardware design as it relates to MFP development. As a valuable member of a team, you will be contributing to the overall success of the product delivery. This position is with the Document Solutions Engineering (DSE) division of Toshiba.
- Architect, Design, and Develop MFP Products.
- Hardware design for usability
- Trade-off analysis between cost, design and lowest TCO.
- Design for cost by balancing between function, quality and reliability.
- Create engineering design documentation and specifications.
- Collaborate closely with worldwide development site.
- Communicate status and identify project risks to the project team.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering\\Mechanical Engineering or related fields.
- Minimum 10 years applicable engineering experience with a background in product development, leading to successful product launch.
- 5+ years' experience in MFP product development.
- Experience in laser printer imaging systems development.
- Experience with Electro-Photo Unit development, Fuser Development or Image Transfer Unit development required.
- Responsible, organized and hard working with excellent communication skills.
- Deep understanding of the MFP hardware industry.
- Experience with design for manufacturing.
- Ability to travel overseas is required.
Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc. offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package including the following:
- Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- Pet Insurance
- 401(k) plan (with company match)
- Company provided life insurance
- Employee discounts
- Generous paid holiday schedule, paid vacation & sick/personal business/volunteer days
Toshiba America Business Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email Accommodation Request@tabs.toshiba.com to request an accommodation.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lexington, Kentucky US
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Hardware Engineer
Requisition Number: PRINC02546
EEO Employer Verbiage: