Field Service Technician
Location: Lexington, Kentucky US
Job Number: 19695
Toshiba America Business Solutions, a leader in digital technology, is seeking a Field Service Technician supporting the Lexington, KY marketplace. Toshiba is an industry leader in equipment, digital displays, document security, and software solutions that keep businesses running brilliantly and efficiently.
Our people bring innovative, real-world solutions for our client's print management needs; we help cut costs, secure documents and reduce the environmental footprint. We are a growing, dynamic organization that has a need for individuals who are driven to contribute their professional best.
Summary: Support an assigned territory with responsibility to maintain, service, and repair office equipment at customer locations in an effective and efficient manner.
- Diagnostics, installation, modifications, upgrades, repair, removal and retrofits of office products; ensure machines are maintained in a clean and proper manner.
- Complete assigned field calls according to priority while executing proper time management while on field assignment.
- Coordinate with dispatch and keep them informed of all re-route activity as appropriate and contribute to supplies sales and passing leads to sales.
- Advise management of problem areas as needed
- Maintain service benchmarks set by Toshiba Business Solutions and industry standards to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Manage car inventory to ensure adequate part levels are available to service machines; maintain tools and test equipment to ensure they are in service-ready condition.
- Rebuild components in shop to develop technical skills for field assignments; practice PM procedures and repair techniques to build proficiency for field assignments.
- Complete service training as required by Toshiba Business Solutions and complete basic dealer and manufacturer training on specified systems; attend department meetings as required.
- Ensure service activities are accurately documented according to service practices using automated systems and/or established reports.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- A minimum of three years of experience in technical repair and service of copier/office equipment.
- Demonstrated experience with document management, MFP and print devices.
- Must have relevant certifications and experience providing on-site service and repair to customers.
- Good customer service skills are essential. Ability to multitask, prioritize assignments and work independently.
- Must be computer literate.
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal) including tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers.
Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc. offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package including the following:
- Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- Pet Insurance
- 401(k) plan (with company match)
- Company provided life insurance
- Employee discounts
- Generous paid holiday schedule, paid vacation & sick/personal business/volunteer days
Toshiba America Business Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email Accommodation Request@tabs.toshiba.com to request an accommodation.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lexington, Kentucky US
Community / Marketing Title: Field Service Technician
Requisition Number: FIELD02447
EEO Employer Verbiage: