Associate Sales Support Engineer (Remote - Home Based)
Location: New York, New York US
Job Number: 18504
Associate Sales Support Engineer – (Remote - Home Based)
Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc., a leading manufacturer and distributor of office product solutions, has an exciting opportunity available for an Associate Network Support Engineer (Remote - Home Based) to join our Electronic Imaging Division. This position supports the Northeast United States.
Support Marketing Engineers deliver effective technical customer support to our rapidly growing customer base, delivering solutions to both technical and non-technical end users while also supporting a wide range of technologies.
- Lead pre-sale technical sales efforts on Toshiba Bar Code products.
- Leverages Toshibas relationship with VAR's, Dealers and clients to drive account sales.
- Assist in the determination of hardware solutions based off the customer’s needs/requirements.
- Lead technical presentations for customers, partners, prospects and internal Toshiba teams.
- Provide technical support to marketing, sales, engineering staff, customers and suppliers during the pre and /or post sales period.
- Develop and conduct customer-based technical training programs, resolve technical problems, and make recommendations.
- Acts as a resource to customers based on intimate knowledge of relevant industries and needs.
- Support technical engineering and sales projects and other technical activities critical to closing new sales.
- Develop proactive solutions of technical scope and recommend corrective actions and document as appropriate where analysis of situation requires comprehensive understanding of all products with the ability to develop synergistic dialogue with company development engineering staff.
- Participate in strategic planning meetings with management, sales, marketing, and engineering.
- Serve as the link between technical product development engineers and sale, marketing and customers.
- Resident expert in technology partner roadmaps and upcoming/available products to present viable solutions.
- Technology partner roadmaps and upcoming/available products to present viable solutions.
- Maintain our client Knowledge Base.
- Provide product feedbacks and insights to the business and R&D teams.
- Attend technical, product and sales training as required.
- Provide technical assistance to sales/marketing for industry trade shows as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience.
- Strong understanding of network technologies such as LAN, WLAN, Bluetooth.
- 2+ years of applicable experience.
- Ability to troubleshoot TCP/IP networks (including usage of related software tools) required.
- Proficiency with current Microsoft desktop OS platforms.
- Ability to make effective presentations of technical nature.
- Excellent communications and technical skills both written and verbal.
- Strong interfacing skills and the ability to research and present solutions.
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Product management sense/familiarity.
- Previous experience providing technical demos and comfortable with technical language.
- External customer interfacing pre-sales experience.
- Technical knowledge of Bar Code systems and software.
- Certifications: Industry certification (e.g. A+, NETWORK+, MCSE, MCNE, CWNA, CCNA/CCDP, MCSE/NE, CISSP etc.
- Linux, Microsoft WinMobile/CE, Android OS, Apple IOS.
- Understanding of vendor specific print languages.
Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc. offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package including the following:
- Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- 401(k) plan (with company match)
- Company provided life insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee discounts
- Generous paid holiday schedule, paid vacation & sick/personal business/volunteer days
Toshiba America Business Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email Accommodation Request@tabs.toshiba.com to request an accommodation.
City: New York
Location_formattedLocationLong: New York, New York US
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Sales Support Engineer (Remote - Home Based)
Requisition Number: T1ENG02329
EEO Employer Verbiage: