Assoc. Marketing Support Engineer (Remote - Home Based)
Location: , New Jersey US
Job Number: 1814
ASSOCIATE MARKETING SUPPORT ENGINEER (REMOTE -- HOME BASED)
Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc. was formed in October 1999 as an independent operating company of Toshiba Corporation, the eighth largest integrated electronic and electric equipment company in the world with more than 200,000 employees globally and more than $63 billion in annual sales.
Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc., a leading manufacturer and distributor of office product solutions, has an exciting opportunity available for an Associate Marketing Support Engineer that can work remotely (Home Based) to join our Electronic Imaging Division. This position is located in the Northeast United States and supports this geographical area as needed and required.
Support Marketing Engineers deliver effective technical customer support to our rapidly growing customer base, delivering solutions to both technical and non-technical end users while also supporting a wide range of technologies.
- Leverages Toshibas relationship with VAR's, Dealers and clients to drive account sales.
- Assist in the determination of hardware solutions based off the customer's needs/requirements.
- Lead pre-sale technical sales efforts on Toshiba Bar Code products.
- Lead technical presentations for customers, partners, prospects and internal Toshiba teams
- Provide technical support to marketing, sales, engineering staff, customers and suppliers during the pre and /or post sales period.
- Develop and conduct customer-based technical training programs, resolve technical problems, and make recommendations.
- Measured on achieving team sales goal.
- Acts as a resource to customers based on intimate knowledge of relevant industries and needs.
- Support technical engineering and sales projects and other technical activities critical to closing new sales.
- Identify, analyze and resolve deficiencies,
- Develop proactive solutions of technical scope and recommend corrective actions and document as appropriate where analysis of situation requires comprehensive understanding of all products with the ability to develop synergistic dialogue with company development engineering staff.
- Present technical briefings and training workshops for customers and potential customers and internal marketing and sales management.
- Participate in strategic planning meetings with management, sales, marketing, and engineering.
- Serve as the link between technical product development engineers and sale, marketing and customers.
- Resident expert in technology partner roadmaps and upcoming/available products to present viable solutions.
- Technology partner roadmaps and upcoming/available products to present viable solutions.
- Maintain our client Knowledge Base.
- Provide product feedbacks and insights to the business and R&D teams.
- Attend technical, product and sales training as required.
- Provide technical assistance to sales/marketing for industry trade shows as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution, or A two year technical degree with a minimum of 2 years experience working in the retail, warehouse, supply chain, healthcare, transportation and logistics or hospitality verticals or in an external customer interfacing pre-sale role.
- Certifications: Industry certification (e.g. A+, NETWORK+, MCSE, MCNE, CWNA, CCNA/CCDP, MCSE/NE, CISSP etc) desirable and/or strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of network technologies such as LAN, WLAN, Bluetooth.
- Ability to troubleshoot TCP/IP networks (including usage of related software tools) required.
- Operating System knowledge: Proficiency with current Microsoft desktop OS platforms is required. Linux, Microsoft WinMobile/CE, Android OS, Apple IOS is strongly preferred
- Ability to make effective presentations of technical nature.
- Must be self motivated
- Excellent communications and technical skills both written and verbal.
- Strong interfacing skills and the ability to research and present solutions.
- Technical knowledge of Bar Code systems and software.
- Must have a strong mechanical ability. Hardware level troubleshooting abilities are needed.
- Understanding of vendor specific print languages preferred.
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Previous experience providing technical demos and comfortable with technical language.
- Product management sense/familiarity - a must.
- Have solid organizational skills and team player and able to establish relationship with other technical and sales staff.
- Ability to provide technical demos and comfortable with technical language.
- Ability to travel (75% of the time), including overnight as required.
Location_formattedLocationLong: , New Jersey US
State: New Jersey
Community / Marketing Title: Assoc. Marketing Support Engineer (Remote - Home Based)
Requisition Number: 0994
EEO Employer Verbiage: